Thursday 1 August 2013

Loretta Lynn Motocross - Tuesday 2013


The 2013 Red Bull AMA Amateur National Motocross Championship presented by AMSOIL started off with a full day of racing on Tuesday. Motorcycle-Superstore.com was on hand to present 24 Motorcycle-Superstore Holeshot Awards throughout the day and for the first time in the event’s history live coverage was available to fans around the world, streaming on RacerTV.com.

Highlights of the day included the return of former professional motocross racer Timmy Ferry, who won both the Junior 25+ and Vet 35+ motos. Ferry’s success makes him the first racer at this year’s event to win multiple classes.

Among the up-and-comers, Jordan Smith came though on top in the 250 B Limited class, overcoming the difficulty of muddy conditions. He recovered from a bad start early on and made it to the lead by the second lap. Later in the race his goggles got fogged up and he was forced to toss them aside in order to see to the end of the moto.

"When my goggles came off, I just tried to be smart around the lappers so I wouldn't get much mud in my eyes,” remarked Smith after the race.

Matt Bisceglia also notched a win on the day, taking the checkers in the Open Pro class. Bisceglia was unstoppable from the start, earning the $100 Motorcycle-Superstore.com Holeshot Award and leading to the finish.



“I drew third for my gate pick, but for some reason numbers one and two didn't show up, so I really got to pick first," Bisceglia said. "So I was confident with my gate and confident with my start. I popped right off the line and was a bike-length ahead of everyone at the holeshot.

"It was good the first five or six laps. I pulled a pretty good lead, then I got into lappers really, really bad. They didn't know if I was passing for position or if they were getting lapped. That made it kind of difficult. I'm pumped to come out with a win."

Motorcycle-Superstore.com Bell Helmet rider Jazzmyn Canfield was another to take the holeshot and moto win, which came in the Girls (9-11) division.

Other winners on the day include Mackenzie Tricker in the Women (14+) class, Sean Cantrell in Mini Sr. (12-14), Carson Mumford in 85 (9-11), Kevin Foley in Masters 50+ and Aaron Plessinger in 450 B Limited. Racing continues Wednesday with another full schedule, and live coverage will once again be available at RacerTV.com starting at 7:30am Central continuing through the afternoon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment